cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Customized Project Starter Template for the Web IDE

fweil
Explorer

Dear SAP Community,

The SAP Web IDE enables us to create and extend SAPUI5 applications Templates. It is a great feature and can enrich our standardized development workflows. Unfortunately, my efforts to create my own project template failed. I can't see any of my templates on the wizard "Project from Template" within the the WEB IDE Debug Mode as it is described in those tutorials and in the official SAP Documentation

https://blogs.sap.com/2017/12/07/create-your-own-sap-web-ide-template-getting-started/

https://sdk-sapwebide.dispatcher.hana.ondemand.com/index.html#/topic/64404049c6bd4eaa8d449670dffbf70...

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/05/12/how-to-create-a-sap-web-ide-plugin-part-2/

My problem is the that my customized template doesn't show up "Project from Template" Menu. It doesn't matter if I register a new category with my company name or if I want to added it to already existing template categories. Sometimes, I get the error:

Unhandled Error: failure during creation of required plugins ->

Error: Problems detected while checking service definition consistency:
Not all required services are provided: 
Plugin: loginplugin missing required services ---> basicSAPUI5ApplicationProjectTemplateService

Even the 'linter' started complaining about the added services, which are marked weirdly as private?! (see my screenshot)

• filesystem.documentProvider
  • projectType
  • setting.project
  • basicSAPUI5ApplicationProjectTemplateService

But the SAP documentation says I have to add these services.. Has the API shortly changed?

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Or has an idea how to debug the building/run process of plugin?

Thank you very much in advance!

All the best,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fweil
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was able to solve my problem and that way:

If I remove the line with 'BasicSAPUI5ApplicationProjectTempateService' within my plugin.json config file (see code snippet below), then I was able to mark the package.json file and run with right-click the command "Run as SAP Web IDE extension". Then I marked the plugin.json file within my template project and via right-click I executed the command "Run as Plugin". Voila the Web IDE started in Debug Mode. The menu "New > Project from Template" showed suddenly my customized Template within my own defined category and customized preview Image

"i18n": "projectstarterplugin/i18n/i18n",
	"requires": {
		"services": [
			"usernotification",
			"log",
			"command",
			"commandGroup",
			"template",
			"templateCustomizationStep",
			"filesystem.documentProvider",
			"projectType",
			"setting.project"
		]
	},
	"provides": {....

Somehow the official documentation is a little bit weird. A more in detailed documentation would be cool from that point of view.

However, I can continue to optimize our internal SAPUI5 Project kick-off experience.

All the best

Answers (0)