cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports bug suppressing a box (suppress formula)

patrick_simons2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using CR 2020 designer SP4, the report engine is CR VS 2010 SP 34.

When designing a report and you place a box (see gray box below) that starts on a suppressed Report Header:
CrBoxEwa3.jpg

then, the suppress formula of the box itself becomes ignored.

If the report header is not suppressed or if the box starts on the page header, the suppress formula of the box works.

A new bug?

Regards,
Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

patrick_simons2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

your old mail-address @Sap.com no longer works. Do you have a new one?

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Ah, yes I thought of that after sending the reply, I retired from SAP. See if renaming the file to .txt works for you. If not click on my name and you might be able to attach it that way
patrick_simons2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Don

I found the attach region, but there's no way to upload a report or zip file - even by renaming it.
"The file type (.rpt) is not supported. Valid file types are: jpg, gif, png, xml, txt, jpeg, jpe."

Can I send the report by mail - normally you have my address?

Patrick

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Of course you can... thanks
DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Can you attach the report you are using, don't use a database field.

Need more details about the formula you are using etc.

Thanks

Don

patrick_simons2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I created a sample report but I don't see a button to attach it?
Drag&Drop doesn't allow rpt or zip files.

Patrick

DonWilliams
Active Contributor

Hi Patrick, I have the report. odd thing is when I first opened the report it popped up a message indicate not supported. I then click on Design and then preview and the report worked.

I then closed the report and CR asked if I wanted to save the changes???? Opened it again and now it works... very odd.

CR seemed to have fixed the report.

I'll send it off to R&D and see if they can find anything...

Thanks again

Don

UPDATE: R&D did not have time last week to test the report due to QA'ing a near future update release.... Should have time this week...

UPDATE 2: R&D looked at it and compared registry keys before and after and they did not find any differences, I mentioned I only got the error on the first open.

He is using the latest build, not released yet.

I then tried opening it in the Embedded Designer in VS and it did detect a change when closing the report 2 times but again I can't get the message now on the 3rd try.

Very strange behaviour... but as you know if we can't dup the issue we can find a cause.

I send the info in VS 2022 to R&D and see if he can do the same...