Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports connection to SQL Server database

PhilRoy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are testing Crystal Reports to create and put on line paginated reports that use SQL Server data. At this point, we use free trial versions. I can create a CR 2020 report on my PC using an ODBC connection to SQL Server, everything works fine including database requests to change report parameters.

We then installed SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 version 14.3.3.4562.3 (still the trial version) on a dedicated server to publish the report and make it available company wide. We created the same ODBC profile server-side as on my PC, same name, same driver (SQL native), same server, same database user and password. The ODBC connection works fine on the server. The report database connection is setup accordingly in the Central Management Console (sorry it's in French) :

PhilRoy_0-1707986732742.png

I can access the report online but when I try to run it with new report parameters I get this message : Unable to start connection Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

I tried pretty much all options in the CMC parameters with no success. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor

There are several things you can check:

- Do you have the Crystal2020ReportProcessingServer enabled and running?  That's where the report will be run interactively.  To schedule the report, you need to make sure that the CrystalReportsJobServer Service is running in the Adaptive Job Server.

- What type of ODBC DSN did you configure on the server?  It needs to be a "System" DSN, not a "User" DSN.

- In the Central Configuration Manager for your system, what account is the SIA running under?  By default, this is usually the "LOCAL SERVICE" account.  You may want to see if you can get an AD service account on your network to use for this.  Make this account an Administrator on the server where BOBJ is running.  You also need to apply a couple of specific local security policies for this account for everything to work correctly:

1. Act as part of the Operating System
  2. Log in as a service

You do this by going to Administrative Tools >> Local Security Policy >> Local Policies >> User Rights Assignment.  Right-click on each of those rights and add the service account to them.

Doing this ensures that the account has access to everything it needs in order to run the system and reports.

-Dell

PhilRoy
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Dell,
PhilRoy
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you very much for your answer, I really appreciate. I used an AD service account instead of the default account and it is now working fine.

Answers (0)