cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Firoi app on SAP BTP : Service required to activate

0 Kudos

HI,

we have a requirement to build a custom Fiori App on BTP having three screens and store the data entered on BTP. The idea is once the document is created in BTP, it will trigger a workflow on BTP and after approval the document will go to a non-SAP system using APIs. To achieve this we have identified below services to be subscribed

- SAP BTP ABAP environment ( for building RAP based artifacts like DB tables, CDS views, service definitions etc.,) )

-SAP business application studio ( Fiori app )

-SAP connectivity and destination service ( for connecting to non-sap system )

- SAP Build process automation ( for workflow and approval )

My questions are

- Are these services enough for achieving the above requirement?

- As we need to persist the data in BTP, do we need to subscribe to any service related to HANA database? I could not find any service related to database (or) is this inbuilt in ABAP environment service?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Sankara,

is the non-SAP System a Cloud or on Premise solution? If it is Cloud then the connectivity service would not be needed.

To integrate the custom app and the Build Workflow in one entrypoint you might also need SAP Build Workzone - Standard Edition (FKA: SAP Launchpad service).

SAP BTP ABAP environment comes with it's own HANA Cloud instance (which you can only access via ABAP). But keep in mind that you at least would need two ABAP environment in separate subaccounts. One for Dev and another for Production.

Also check if you already have SAP Identity Services in place. What users will use the app? Only employees or also external partners?

Best Regards
Gregor

0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the reply. the non-SAP system is an on premise system, so we are planning to use could connector to establish the connection.

When we build custom workflows in "SAP Build Process automation" the work items would to go to My Inbox Fiori app and approvers would approve the workitems from there. My question is , is this My inbox Fiori app available as part of SAP build process automation" or is there a separate service to subscribe to?

I understand SAP Build workzone is a like a portal where we can host multiple apps, there is also another service called "Cloud portal service" which seems to be similar. what is the different between these two services?

I understand that when we subscribe to ABAP environment, database instance is available by default. thanks for clarifying this. When you say we need two ABAP environment , what does it mean in terms of subscription? do we need to pay two times the price mentioned below

Cloud discovery

Only employees of the company would access these apps and approval work items? is SAP IDP service needed to access these apps with SSO?

Sorry if these questions are rudimentary, I am new to this area 😉

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankara,

I would suggest you try to find a local implementation partner with BTP experience to guide you and avoid pitfalls.

Also check out https://learning.sap.com/learning-journey to skill up for free.

Best Regards
Gregor

Answers (0)