cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom IDP for Portal breaks the WEB IDE

Hi,

I am trying to configure SSO for our Portal in the SAP Cloud Platform. For this, I am using Azure active directory integration with SAP Cloud Platform using SAML. This setup is working. However when trying to access WEB IDE, It doesn't work anymore.

Please advice the best approach to setup SSO for Portal without breaking the WEB IDE.

Here is the setup of our trust and the error that I am getting from WEB IDE.

web-ide.png cloud.png

Regards,

Florence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the response. I already checked and my user have access to those 3 predefined roles for Web IDE. But it still doesn't work.

I also tried the URL parameter /?saml2idp= accounts.sap.com but it didn't work. I am getting the following error.fail.png

Regards,

Florence

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florence,

If you want to have access to your new idp users, you need to add the WebIDE predefined roles to them. Open the services menu, find WebIDE service and lick on "Configure Service". This will open by default the Roles menu. Here you will find three roles for WebIDE - add them all to your IdP users or add them to a group that is automatically mapped in the idp configuration under Trust Menu.

If you want to access your WebIDE with the old SAP ID Service there are two options:

1) make SAP ID service the default IdP again: this would be a temporary solution until you can migrate your projects from one user to the other (export/import)

2) use an URL parameter to select a the SAP ID Service IdP (or any other that you had previously). Like so: '<webide_url>/?saml2idp=accounts.sap.com'

https://help.sap.com/viewer/65de2977205c403bbc107264b8eccf4b/Cloud/en-US/dc618538d97610148155d97dcd1... --> Using an IdP Different from the Default

You can get the IdP's name by using a browser plugin to inspect the SAML token.

Best regards,
Ivan