Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Days Before Archiving SFC/SO is not working

Carlos_Quiñones
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am currently trying to catch up archiving on ME, using the Background Process Execution Activity

Archiving has not been run since production started in 2021.

I followed the next note https://me.sap.com/notes/1576383

I set the value (Days Before Archiving SFC/SO) in all sites (global site * too) on System Rules Maintenance Activity 

This worked well, but now even though the system rule is changed to new value on all sites for 900, the Archive is still using the old value of 1000, that was the first value that I set

I tried to change the value again, but the process is using the old value

Any idea what might be causing this?

How can I refresh the value?

Thanks, Regards

Carlos Q.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi!

The settings of system rules are cached, and sometimes the cache does not get updated after manual changes in the Systm Rule Maintenance. In such cases, you should trigger a cache update manually in any way:

- system or app restart;

- SAP Note 3032569;

- SAP Note 2794151;

- by means of NotifyCacheUpdated method of NotificationService WSDL (named as NotificationProcessingIn in Single Service Administration of NWA), using "SystemRuleBOCache" as CacheName parameter.

robert_altenstraer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi The Archiving runs in background usually...  

6. Enable Background Processing for Archiving.
      a) Access Activity Manager -> System Configuration -> Background Processing.
      b) Check the "Enabled" box and set the "Run Every" and "After (or Interval)" entries appropriately. [HINT: this could be UTC .. based on the DB Timestamps.. ]
      c) Click Save.   [and wait until the job was running]
      [Hint: take care that you have no issues ( see message Board ) and also the sign on the right side of the Background Process overview...or check the NWA Log]

>> check if the AR_.. Tables have entries... (and should grow each daily run..)

select 'AR_SFC' as name, count(*) COUNTER from "PMEWIP"."AR_SFC" 

relevant tables:

AR_SFC AR_SHOP_ORDER AR_ACTIVITY_LOG AR_ROUTER AR_BOM AR_SFC_STEP AR_SFC_DATA

if you face errors while Archiving ( double key.[UniqueConstraintViolationException] ) > set up a Ticket at sap.. 

good luck, Robert