cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Agent 3 cannot be used without Admin privileges

jravnik
Participant

Hello community, hello chaitanyapriya.puvvada,

I currently face a challenge with the newly released Desktop Agent 3.

It was installed with a normal Windows user (i.e. not as Administratior) and can be started fine. As soon as a Tenant is added the login screen pops up and states "Login Successful" - so far, so good. However, as soon as the Tenant then is activated it shows the error "The registration failed because we couldn't get the access token from the tenant."

After a restart of the Desktop Agent the Tenant list is empty again. If I try to add the Tenant again with the same name it shows the error "The name of the tenant is not valid."

If the Desktop Agent is started with Admin privileges it suddenly shows all the added Tenants in the list. Also the activation of a Tenant works, the Desktop Agent is connected to the Tenant.

How would a normal user ever use attended automations via iRPA if the Desktop Agent doesn't work properly? In certain work environments it cannot be guaranteed that any potential user has Admin privileges or can always start the Desktop Agent with Admin privileges.

Thank you for your help and best regards

Jürgen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member835861
Discoverer

Hello

I have a similar problem, but I don't connect the agent.

I used the version 3.10.49 and when inserted the credentials the message is Successfull, however in the agent show the follow error:

The registration failed because we couldn't get the access token from the tenant.

Regards

jravnik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, chaitanyapriya.puvvada could you provide an update on this issue?

prasad_dix
Participant
0 Kudos

Any solution on this issue?

jravnik
Participant
0 Kudos

The update to Desktop Agent 3.9.47 did not change anything, still cannot be used without an Admin user.

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We are internally working on your issue

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
jravnik

Ideally the tenant activation and everything should work fine even without Admin rights.

Do you have both Agent 2 and 3 on your machine? Is Agent 2 shut down when you are using Agent 3?

jravnik
Participant
0 Kudos

chaitanyapriya.puvvada I had Agent 2 on my machine, but uninstalled. Also I looked for any potentially remaining folders in Programs and AppData and deleted them. Then I installed Agent 3. So, no, I just have Agent 3 running on my machine.

I do know that iRPA automations use PowerShell for some of its steps. Could this also apply to the installing process / tenant activation? Asking because I know that PowerShell is blocked in my environment without Admin rights.