cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP Error Logs Deletion: Table size doesn't reduce even after clearing logs with RSBM_ERRORLOG_DELETE

ram_pandey
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I recently found out that some administrative jobs had not been regularly scheduled in our BW system due to which the size of the table '' had grown to a huge 75+ GB. After I found out I scheduled and executed the program RSBM_ERRORLOG_DELETE to delete all logs older than 90 days in the system.

At first the job failed because the size of the logs was too huge. Afterwards I scheduled the job in batches to delete 3 months worth of logs at a time and went on to delete all the logs older than 90 days from the system. However even after deleting all the old logs the table size hasn't reduced at all. It still shows 75+ GB in DB02.

Can someone tell me how I can get the table size to reflect the actual number of records in the table? FYI The deletion job is now scheduled regularly and there are no logs older than 90 days in the system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
ram_pandey
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the link, but I've already implemented those steps. As I explained in my post, I've finished clearing all the old logs.

The issue is that even after deleting the logs, the table size isn't going down. I've talked to my basis team and they've also reorganised the table, still no change in the size.

ram_pandey
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I forgot to put in the name of the table. Its RSBERRORLOG.

Apologies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

seems to be that log getting generated are huge you can check with basis and keep job logs only for 30 days. Also check option to find day on which more log created clear those only after proper approval.

ram_pandey
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

thanks but I've already cleared the logs and that's not really the issue here. The problem is that the table size isn't going down even after deleting the logs.

The table still occupies 75+ GB of disc space after deletion and reorganisation of the RSBERRORLOG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you check with Basis if table is reorganized at database level as well.

Regards,

Ganesh

ram_pandey
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Yes, the table has been reorganised.