Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically Changing Measures in Chart

tilted
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am trying to resolve the following request: 

We have a combined stack and line chart with two measures inside of it (A1 and A2). 
Now i have two more pairs of measures which are also displayed together (B1 and B2 OR C1 andC2).
So in total i have 6 measures which are displayed in pairs (A1 and A2 OR B1 and B2 ORC1 and C2).  

For now i am using two measure input controls (MI1 and MI2) where i always have to select the pair like measure A1 from MI1 and A2 from MI2. The problem using this way is next to the fact that it is "click intensive" that the sorting is also not working like sorting from highest to lowest. 

Do you have any suggestions how to make dynamic selection of two measures in a chart easier or that we only have one measure input control instead of two?

Kind regards
Korab 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

akhilgs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @tilted, since you know which measures are grouped together, you can achieve the same using scripts, while at run time a drop down can be used which shows the two groups of measures that you want to pass to your chart/ graph or any other widget. Please refer to the below blogs, these will help out as a starting point and you can expand up on it.

Dynamically Changing Measures And Dimensions in SAP Analytics Cloud 

Best Practice: Filter Table and Chart Through Dropdown (Single Selection) 

List the members of a dimension in a dropdown and filter table according to this dimension member