cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to create Infoobject in RSA1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using Netweaver GUI 7.6 and trying to load data from flat files. In the process I tried creating Infobojects in RSA1 Screen (as Infoarea -> catalog -> right.click and select create Infoobject). But it showed me a blank screen with a small error message on bottom saying "Action cancelled. Use bw modelling tools Infoobject maintenance instead" as shown in screenshot below:

Lot of sources in google suggested using the following method (RSD1 -> nohdb) as shown in screenshot:

This should enable the creation of infoobject using RSA1. But it doesn't work for me.

tutorial source : https://www.zpartner.eu/how-to-changecreate-infoobjects-with-rsd1-as-of-bw-7-5-sp4-on-hana/

Kindly guide me to proceed further.

Thanks for reading.

--Adithya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have to use Eclipse BW - Modelling tools for editing or creation of InfoObjects.

1. Inside Eclipse -> Help -> Install new software -> Type "HANA TOOLS FOR ECLIPSE REPO" And Enter

2. Install Modelling Tools from fetched child list.

3. Then add your BWT System by creating new BW Modelling project. [Make sure to change to BW Modeler perspective]

4. Now you can create or edit infoobjects and activate them inside eclipse.

5. Also we can create Queries,ADSO,Composite Providers Etc....

6.Since some old BW objects like InfoCube, MultiProvider are not HANA OPTIMISED, they can't be created here.

7. Cretae/Migrate Old objects -------> New objects like:

****CUBE ------> ADSO * MultiProvider -------> CompositeProvider

Thank You

rami_riahi
Newcomer

hi Former Member,

i cant create infocube

Where we can create infocube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

rami.riahi ,

Since BW4HANA Only support use of hana optimised objects, Creation of cube is not supported by Eclipse BW-MT.

Alternately you can :

1.Create a ADSO For the same use case

2.Use SAP GUI RSA1 interface for creating Cube.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FCI
Active Contributor

Since 750SP11, this trick doesn't work anymore. You have to use the BW-MT.

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Frederic Cincet Could you please tell me how to enable creation of Infoobjects using SAP Netweaver GUI? Lot of tutorials show creation of infoobjects using SAP GUI tool only.

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you can't.

Exceptionnally, you can try to debug the standard transaction (see here). At your own risk 🙂