cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while trying to install SHINE Package for SAP HANA in SAP HANA 2.0 Virtual Machine

Njabulo
Explorer

I have been trying to install the SAP HANA Interactive Education Package for SAP HANA, express edition. I followed the instructions from this tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/hxe-ua-shine-vm.html

The problem begins after executing the following line in the console: HANA_EXPRESS_20/install_shine.sh

I have attached the different errors, sometimes the installation goes for so long, it gives a timeout error.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Njabulo,

How much memory is allocated?

With XSA (apps), SAP HANA, express edition requires at least 20~24 GB or RAM.

When running SAP HANA, express edition on a VM, this means that the host requires ± 28GB RAM.

Time out errors, waiting for errors to start are typically caused by insufficient memory.

Note that the focus of SAP development is on cloud technology, which for SAP HANA translates to SAP HANA Cloud. To get started, see

There is no SHINE for SAP HANA Cloud. Instead a new series of tutorials have been created, e.g. using CAP (Cloud Application Programming model) and BAS (Business Application Studio).

Njabulo
Explorer

Thank you, memory allocation must be the problem since I'm using it on a laptop with only 16GB of RAM.

Njabulo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Denys

I have since upgraded the memory allocated 27GB to the VM but the problem still persists.

This is the error: