Did you mean: 

Extra transformation after upgrade to BW 7.3

pradeep_jaiswar
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Our basis team had upgraded the system.

Before upgrade there were 567 active transformation

now after upgrade we found 581  active transformation.

Please provide me the steps to investigate how this transformation were came.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably they were inactive before the upgrade and during an upgrade step they were activated.

check table rstran. if there are no trfn created after the upgrade, this means they were already there but likely not active

M.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I agree with Tibollo. All the inactive transf. have got activated during the upgrade it seems. You can check them in RSA1. If you do not want them, you can think of deleting them. Check whether all your process chains are ok.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to the above ...

Check the table : RSTRAN

Here when you display the active transformations -- in the data you can check the CONTTIMESTMP and TIMESTMP.-compare the time stamps. As you know the data on which the upgrade was happen from these 2 fields you can get the information you are looking for.

You can reconcile the data across your systems ( if you have any other system which is yet to be upgraded).

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Goto table RSTRAN and choose version 'A' and check the field 'UTC Time Stamp in Short Form', find which are the transformations after upgrade(based on date and time).

Otherwise, check if you have any environment which is not upgraded ( system copied before upgrade from prod) and compare before and after entries in table.

hope it helps!

Thanks,

Umashankar

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did the job to install technical content run during upgrade. The increase in number of transformation might be due to installation of new technical content objects and their corresponding data flow.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

pradeep_jaiswar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply,

few more queries..

1)  i have checked rstran table and i found total 581 transformations after upgrade (no further transformation created) and before upgrade it was 567 transformations.

2)  During upgrade if any inactive transformation got activated then how ? or its system behaviour ?

3)  is it possible that after upgrade technical name for the transformation may get change? (because i have found for some transformation source and target is same but technical name is different ).

Regards,

Pradeep