Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FES setup - central hub - using tasklists

sushilgupta857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My question is specific to configuration we perform in FES setup using tasklist in Central hub architecture.

When we use the task list in front end system - Add System and provide the connection details of backend system. Task list creates TRs and by default put SIDCLNTclientnumber as system alias and RFC names.

System Alias - it gives option to change the name, however it don't give any option to change RFC names.

It will create SIDCLNTclientnumber_RFC, SIDCLNTclientnumber_HTTPS in SM59 - and maintain entries in Standard tables - which holds entries - for System alias mapping with RFC.

Now if you move the TRs to Next systems - QA and PROD - SID will be different so you will need to manually edit the entries in the subsequent system. And TRs are actually getting created for these entries only. So i believe its not serving the purpose. Manually changing the entries in QA and PROD will ask to create local changes(which is usually not recommended.

So is it possible to make the RFC names also - not specific to System(like SIDCLNTclientnumber) -- not an issue with RFC creation but the entry in the standard tables. If task list allows us to create RFCs with our own choice - then i think we should be good. Please let me know your thoughts on this !

PS: I can manually create the RFC and maintain entries in Tables ,however i want to understand how task list can make our life a little easier.

Regards

Sushil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor

Hello,

This is a miss information from SAP, the ALIAS from FES should be something very generic like SAP_BE or SAP_CRM, but never add something like DEVCLNT200 or PRDCLNT100.

Your observation is right, it sucks ! So do it manually 🙂

Kind regards,

Joseph

sushilgupta857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,
Thank you for your reply. It was helpful.

Regards

Sushil K Gupta

former_member625107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil,

If you plan to move the transport request created within this task list , the recommendation is to use a generic RFC naming convention (e.g. S4HCLNT<client#> where S4H represents S/4HANA and not the SID.

Hope this will help...

Regards,

Amit Kumar Sharma

sushilgupta857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your input. It was helpful information !

Does it give you option to keep a generic - name in the task list ?

I don't get option to choose the name for RFC - i do get option to change the system alias name though.

SAP_GATEWAY_ADD_SYSTEM - option 4 - to enter the connection details. System host - SID, service number. - no option to choose the RFC name.

When i save it.

in option 8 - create system alias - System alias is taken by default - as SIDCLNTclientnumber and RFCs also with the same name.

I can change the alias name - but can't change the RFC name.

Should we create alias and RFC manually and uncheck the RFC and system alias creation from Tasklist and run it - so that it performs the other steps?

Thanks and Regards

Sushil K Gupta