cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters applied in a chart not respected in Explorer

0 Kudos

I've created a very simple bar chart in a SAC Story and used filters to limit the results.

One of the filters I've used in the chart limits Entity Status to "Active"

When I open Explorer and convert the chart to a table, the expected results are returned, however, I can't explain why the options available to Entity Status include both "ACTIVE" and "DELIVERED" as the filter applied to the chart is "ACTIVE". BTW I can see that Entity Status is filtered for "ACTIVE".

The great news is that explorer does return the expected result. I'm just confused about why other filter options are available in explorer.

My confusion is that Merged Object Type shows only the filter applied in the chart ("Project" in this example). There are other options which are not displayed (as expected). Therefore, why are other options not included in the filter applied for Entity Status visible in explorer? It should be noted there are other Entity Status values which are not displayed. In addition, the filter options "ACTIVE" and "DELIVERED" relate to merged object type "Project".

I also found that dates available to Last Published date (filter applied to the chart) include dates outside the date range filter applied to the chart.

I've included a screenshot of the chart and Designer (builder panel) to demonstrate the filters - and order of filters applied.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SayedZubair
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi marea.england2,

This is how explorer works.

When you open the explorer view, the top portion shows all the dimensions that you have used in your chart along with the values that are set as filters. You can also see this if you open the "Designer Panel".

Now the question is why you see all the values along with the one you set as filter:

Explorer gives you a flexibility to explore more of your data and shows all the list of values in that dimension.

Ex: Last published date will bring in all the values from your backend query and then you can set filter as per your selection.

You can add more dimensions, change the filter selection and save this as a new view.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sayed Zubair

Answers (0)