cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPEx: 421 Unexpected reply code There are too many connections from your internet address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a totally a newbie in SAP. I have a scenario where the flow is from File(NFS) -> FTP.

For each transaction, there will be multiple files will be passing through this flow. However, since there are too many attempts were done to the FTP connection, below error is found.

Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 421 Unexpected reply codeThere are too many connections from your internet address.

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 421 Unexpected reply codeThere are too many connections from your internet address.

Exception caught by adapter framework: Unexpected reply codeThere are too many connections from your internet address.

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 421 Unexpected reply codeThere are too many connections from your internet address.

It will be auto retry in next attempt and successfully delivered but there will be a delay / the file reaching its target few minutes later. We should not have delay for this flow otherwise it will cause for the attachment issue in SAP.

Can anyone please guide me on how to encounter this error (FTPEx: 421 Unexpected reply code There are too many connections from your internet address)?

Thanks.

former_member763929
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since this is your first question, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with Community Q&A , as the overview provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a picture to your Profile you encourage readers to respond.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

The FTP server is not expecting more than a specific parallel connection from one source. first, you need to confirm from the target FTP on the number of parallel connections allowed. Then you can configure the parameter Maximum Concurrency to match this. Please note the parameter is per node, so check how many nodes are in you SAP PO/PI instance and configure accordingly.

reference - https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4d/86e29cdce84578a811e1b59e65a98e/frameset.htm

regards,

Harish