cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuzzy on HANA Platform

0 Kudos

Hello,

i have the following use-case and can not find the right tutorial/documents to get the project going.

I want to upload a csv into hana and search the list with fuzzy (because the search results need a percision rating) and show the results in a simple overview.

So I also need to change the parameters for the search online and later on want to connect it to an on-prem scenario (but that is not that importat atm).

I would like to only use the SAP Cloud Platform for that.

I have access via a trial account and got to the following problems:

1) Simple csv upload seems not to be possible because Import.export in the table M_Customizable_Functions cannot be set to true in the trial version. Is there an easy way or do I need to script my csv into an INSERT statement and upload manually?

2) I am a apparently unable to connect an template from SAP WEB IDE to an odata service (still working on that myself).

3) How do implement this custom search logic into a template or should i start fresh in WEB IDE?

4) How do I prepare the HANA db in the neo environment for fuzzy?

I followed along some tutorials but I couldnt find some where they show how to enable a fuzzy search.

Basically I need something like this to work:https://blogs.sap.com/2013/05/23/enable-hana-search-in-your-cloud-application/

but I do not get it to work so I can not modify it. The uploaded war file does not start in the cloud, so I guess it is rather outdated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David Vennemeier,

1) To import csv files you could use the hdbtabledata artifact as documented below:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/4505d0bdaf4948449b7f7379d24d0f0d/1.0.12/en-US/35c4dd829d2046f29fc7415053...

2) I'm not sure what you mean by template and how it relates to fuzzy search. But that is a standard function in HANA and according to documentation it is part of a query.

3) Fuzzy search probably isn't available to you because it requires the HANA Enterprise edition - which isn't available as trial basis.

4) No need to prepare the system. If you have the enterprise edition, you will have fuzzy search enabled by default.

Best regards,
Ivan