Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate ABAP repository Objects error - S/4HANA On Premise 2023

Vivek1982
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carrine/Team,

I am trying to develop GitHub RAP610 scenario in SAP S/4 HANA On premise 2023 system and creating objects in a package with software component version as ABAP on cloud. 

I created a DB table and then selected Generate ABAP Repository Objects option in ADT but its throwing an error - SAP object DDLS R_AONLINESHOP_VIC cannot be assigned to package ZCUSTOM_DEV_CLOUD

Please guide if this option works on S4 HANA on premise in Embedded Steampunk scenarios?? 

Please guide. 

Thanks,

Vivek 

patrick_winkler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
is the DB table also located in package ZCUSTOM_DEV_CLOUD?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek1982
Explorer
0 Kudos

@Andre_Fischer - This seems to be an SAP bug . I tried adding Z before the name suggested by Generator but i am still getting this error. Could you pls check with SAP dev team if they have released any SAP note for on premise 2023 system to fix this issue?? 

Vivek1982_0-1707632011651.png

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Vivek,
please read the error message from which you have added a screen short carefully. 
It tells you that there are other objects that are going to be created by the generator and for which names have been suggested by the generator cannot be created in your package (that starts with a "Z") because all their names are missing a "Z".
So you have to go through the names that have been suggest for projection, behavior, ... in the list on the left hand side.
And please also read my answer carefully. 
"... For the time being simply add a Z in front of the names that are being proposed by the generator."
I wrote that you have to add a Z to all names that have been suggested by the generator, not only to the object R_AONLINESHOP_VIC .
Kind regards,
Andre

Vivek1982
Explorer
Thanks Andre! Changing all the proposed artifacts name worked, Thanks a ton for your help on this!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

you posted the error message that the object R_AONLINESHOP_VIC cannot be assigned to package ZCUSTOM_DEV_CLOUD. 

But the object R_AONLINESHOP_VIC resides in the SAP namespace since it does not start with a "Z".

I was able to reproduce this issue in my SAP S/4HANA 2023 SP00 demo system and I know that I ran into it before myself. 
It seems that the correction has not reached on prem systems yet. I am double checking with development when this will be the case.

For the time being simply add a Z in front of the names that are being proposed by the generator.

E.g. 

ZR_AONLINESHOP_VIC

Kind regards,

Andre

Vivek1982
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes , DB table is also created in the same package .