cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

% Grand Total Base Dimension

jrodrig4
Explorer

Hi there,

I need to calculate % grand total for a measure but using a date as base dimension (year, actually). In Lumira 2.3 I can add a Base Dimension as you can see in the screenshot:

My final chart is something like that:

I am trying to recreate same chart with similar data in SAC, using calculated measure % Grand total:

% Grand Total is a calculated measure:

Problem is SAC is calculating % of the total, not using CREATED_DATE as base dimension, so, my result is next one:

Could anybody tell me how to add Created Date as base dimension for % Grand Total?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_costa3
Active Contributor

Yes, unfortunately there is no way, currently, to specify a "period" to your grand total. See documentation below:

%GrandTotal

• Returns what percentage of the grand total for all Account values the current Account value represents. The grand total is the aggregation of all the Account values in the result set. Filters are included in the calculation of the grand total.

Suggest checking/opening an enhancement request.

To work around with what is available now, I'd say the way to do this is create a restricted measure to have the total and another one to calculate the % based on create_date.

jrodrig4
Explorer

Thanks a lot for your answer, Lucas.

This is the details that SAC needs to add asap if this tech wants to compete with other BI leader tools.

Regards,

Javier

former_member650982
Participant

Hi there are so many things that are missing in SAC - long on to the improvement portal and take a look - some cases are really old

And these features are standard in all other BI tools. SAC is light years behind.

shwetaphillips
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Also a drawback of this work around is that it doesn't calculate against totals. It shows a '-' instead of value.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhaleanita27
Participant

@Lucas Costa - can you explain the workaround as I have similar issue in my story. I have data for calendar year 2020, 2021 and so on and I have used %GrandTotals , but then it has done the distribution for the all the planning period and not for individual years ( not individually over calerdar year ex. 2020, 2021 ..)

So as per your workaround suggest to create a restricted measure for totals but how can I select the values as it would be static in that case . it should ideally do it for all years and not just selected values.

Can you please explain how you mean to handle that?

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards,

Anita