Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Tools - Repositories tab become inconsistent after restarting Eclipse

FabioPagoti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

There is a strange/inconsistent behavior in the repositories view (tab) when I restart Eclipse. I believe it's a huge bug in SAP HANA Tools plugin.

The impact is very annoying as you can see from the workaround described at the end.

Trust me: I am trying to do something quite basic here and that should work smoothie. The issue is described in detail below.

Here are the steps I do as normally to configure my development environment:

Add a system

1) Under system tab, I select "Add a System" and fill system information.

Notice that I'm specifying the port number as part of the host - If I don't do it, it does not connect to the system

2) Fill user and password

3) Don't add/change anything in the additional properties tab

Notice that even though I already specify the port number, it displays the host with the port number duplicated.

The first odd behavior is that I am only able to connect with this system if I explicitly specify the port number of tenant 02 (30215). But still, it connects. This is not yet the main problem

Import Remote workspace under Repository tab

4) The system is already available, so I expand it to see the "(Default)" remote workspace

5) Right-click on the default workspace and select "Import remote workspace"

6) I specify a folder. I tried using the suggested one and changing it as well - the error described below happens on both scenarios

7) The "reference" between the remote workspace and the folder in my computer is done.

I can created XS Projects as I regularly do.

😎 I restart eclipse

9) After restart, "Systems" tab still has the HANA DB registered. I just need to log on again. So far so good.

10) After restart, "Repositories" tab strangely has 2 systems.

10.1) One of them is inconsistent. Red exclamation mark icon and text besides it with error message:

"System HDB:IP:Instance:HDB.USER" is not configured"

When I hover the mouse on the system icon, it displays:

"System HDB:IP:Instance:HDB.USER" is not configured. Provider failure"

When I hover the mouse on it, it displays:

"Imported workspace (Default), not logged on, location <folder>"

10.2) The other on does not have the reference to the remote workspace anymore.

Under the (Default) remote workspace, it displays the message:

"SAP HANA repository connection is not available"

11) Due to item 10, all my XS Projects are not linked with remote workspace anymore.

Workaround

As a workaround, every time I restart eclipse I need to:

12) Reset the repository workspace

12.1) When I do that, all my XS Project files are removed from the Project Explorer

13) I re-import the repository workspace using the same folder I used before

14) I re-import all my XS Projects

===

Additional info:

This is not something specific of my PC - All my colleagues have the same behavior

I was using Eclipse with SAP HANA Tools 2018-xx when I noticed this problem for the first time. After installing 2012-12 and installing the plugin again, the problem persists

It's not something related with the workspace - I created a brand new one to create this question

It's most likely a bug in the plugin or something odd in the system configuration

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FabioPagoti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved by following the blog below:

https://blogs.sap.com/2019/04/17/having-trouble-connecting-to-your-hana-tenants-db-in-the-cloud/

I was missing the parameter map_<hostname> inside "public_hostname_resolution"

Morenover, SAP Note 2551889 (Add a Tenant to the HANA Studio failed - "Database connection is not available; see error log") has the workaround specified on item 3.