Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy Payload from SAP UI5 Taking time

PoojaThareja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have created an app to upload the CSV file and we used FileUploader control to upload the file. The end user has started uploading heavy files where we are facing performance issues where the app is taking now 7 minutes to save the file in backend. We have used create deep entity method to create the records in the backend.

The backend function module is also under optimization but what we are now noticing is that huge time is taken to pass the payload to odata and finally to our method in DPC_EXT class. I am enclosing the trace that I took from /IWFND/TRACES but need help from experts as not getting any clue where and what improvements we can do. We really need to reduce the time but not sure what measures need to be taken...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor

I would suggest to store the upload as binary data in a custom table and kick off the processing as soon as the data was uploaded. Then you decouple the user from the backend processing.

PoojaThareja
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor for your response. Yes we are trying to do the same to get the data in a custom Table in ABAP but still passing payload from Front end to Backend is taking 3 minutes and that is where I am not sure what should be done

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How big is the file and what upload bandwith does the client have?