cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with an import and update dataflow in SAP Gigya (Customer Data Cloud)

mshannon93
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to build a dataflow that will allow me to load a new CSV from an FTP and update existing records in SAP Customer Data Cloud. In this source file, we will use email to match the records in SAP Customer Data Cloud  and then update the target fields.

We will have a range of different fields in our source file with the same target name, and we want to update the data exactly as is. We have already cleansed our source file to ensure the data matches the target. We will run this update on a regular basis (weekly). 

So far in the dataflow, I have setup the FTP activity, the field.rename activity (mapping source to target) but now I am unsure what activities are required next to handle the rest of the import. 

In the import, we would like to include logic that if the date of the data in the source file is less than the lastUpdate in Customer Data Cloud that we ignore the update. We are capturing the data in the source file using an online form and we are capturing a timestamp when it is updated, allowing us to use this timestamp for this logic. 

It would be great if anyone could point me in the direction of some test dataflows or example dataflows that have been setup for a similar use case. 

Our plan long term is to move towards flows and progressive profiling but for now we would like to setup an import to handle this. 

Thanks,
Mark 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @mshannon93 The next step could be using the record.evaluate component to implement a piece of custom scripts and check the date of the data in the source file against the lastUpdate in Customer Data Cloud. Please follow the link for example custom scripts. And you can also reference the OOTB example dataflow "Commerce Cloud B2B – Members Outbound" for more custom scripts examples. 

Hope it helps:)