cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume BTP HANA cloud table in RAP

Phani_Kumar
Participant

Hello,

We have SAP BTP Capm application in place and that has to fetch data from BTP HANA cloud and S4 as well.

I wanted to create just one RAP Service and consume that in BTP CAPM Application.

But,
I have couple of important information lying in SAP BTP HANA cloud and these information needs to be accessible in S4 RAP Service so that this RAP service gives me overall information together.

Is it possible?

Is this the right way?

Please answer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jhodel18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gallaphanikumar

As I understand your question, you both have data from HANA Cloud DB and S4HANA which you want to (1) consume, (2) combine the data, (3) then feed the data to UI through CAP OData service.

Yes - this is possible. It's easy to consume data from HANA Cloud DB through CAP app, you can just use the CDS to create a CAP-managed entity, or declare an existing entity in HANA Cloud DB, but with the addition of `@cds.persistence.exists`. Then you consume data from S4HANA using OData APIs which pass through SAP cloud connector. The effort of combining the data is done with the implementation of a custom handler in CAP.

I would say that this is the right way because it aligns with SAP's recommended approach of keeping the core clean. Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards,

Jhodel

Answers (0)