cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to expose an ABAP PaaS based ODATA service as a Web API for 3rd party UI consumption?

Former Member

Hello,

Can some one please help me understand how to create and expose the Web APIs from the SAP ABAP PaaS environment?

Most of the services we create are based on Fiori Elements using the projection view that contains the UI annotations but if like good old ABAP I want to simply create ODATA service and expose for a full scale UI development, how do I do it, providing full fledged BOPF functionalities that are now defined in BDEF?

I want to create a small prototype where I will provide an ODATA service full range of validations and actions implemented at server side using the BOPF model and the UI will be a freestyle one not based on Fiori Elements.

Thanks in advance,

Prasenjit Singh Bist

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Prasenjit,

check out week 5 of our openSAP course

Building Apps with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model | (sap.com)

You simply publish a service using the web api service binding.

For a PoC you can also try out the RAP Generator The RAP Generator | SAP Blogs which is installed on the SAP ABAP CP trial systems.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for sharing the information. I will check them and get back.

Best regards,

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiandre.fischer

Thanks the tutorial and links, they helped 🙂 I would try to do the full coursework as well but later .

I need some more help can you please help me. In the runtime how can I change UI properties.

Also my customer wants a lot of fancy UI stuffs. How can I set the limit of what can not be done where I get full capabilities of UI annotations.

Suppose I want to make a field input disabled. I learnt how can I disable actions with feature control but can i play with UI elements as well?

Thanks,

Prasenjit