cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get folderId of the Favorites Folder in Web Intelligence Services JavaScript API?

valerjans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have done following Search for answered questions and helpful postings in the SAP Community:

How to get folderId of the Favorites Folder in Web Intelligence Services
- return no results

How to get folderId of the Favorites Folder in Web Intelligence
- return no results

How to get folderId of the Favorites Folder in Web Intelligence Services JavaScript API
- return 1 item, but there is nothing about Web Intelligence

How to get folderId of the Favorites Folder
- return 1 item, but there is nothing about Web Intelligence

How to get folderId
- return a lot of results, but i haven't found something about Web Intelligence in several first results.

Web Intelligence Services JavaScript API
- return a lot of results, but i haven't found something about folderId in several first results.

I am not sure that is reasonable to search in all results of two above cases because
Web Intelligence Services JavaScript API folderId
- return no results

But the problem is following:

WebiServices.document, which represents the Web Intelligence document in Web Intelligence Services JavaScript APIs for SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence UI Extension Points, has the function saveDocumentAs, which saves a Web Intelligence document to a folder, which can be specified by parameter folderId, but function, which return a list of available folders (with folderId of these folders) or which return at least folderId of user's Favorites Folder (which is different for each user), was not found in above mentioned API.

And the question is following:

How to get folders list or at least folderId of Favorites folder in Web Intelligence Services JavaScript API?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

valerjans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, Tammy, I sow materials provided by Ludek a long ago and, although these materials mostly not about Javascript API, but about Java API, I have found many helpful things there, including things, needed for calling function saveDocumentAs, mentioned in this question, but unfortunately there is no answer on this particular question about function, which is needed for getting a list of folders or folderId of Favorite folder. Therefore, i still hope that someday someone will write about this function. And thank you very much, Tammy, for publishing this question.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos