Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate SAP CPI with SAP Business one

MiltonP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If anyone has an integration document, per-requsites and steps to integrate SAP CPI with SAP Business one.

Appreciate your help here.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Milton,

the main question should be: To which system do you need to integrate SAP B1 to? SAP CPI is a middleware. But without a second system it does not make sense.

Best Regards
Gregor

MiltonP
Explorer
0 Kudos

The scenario here is SAP Business One -> SAP CPI -> SAP Sales Cloud. We are aware of S4->CPI->Sales Cloud.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Milton,

have you checked the option to use the B1 Service Layer which is based on OData V4 to integrate via CPI to Sales Cloud? What Business Objects need to be replicated and in which direction?

Best Regards
Gregor

MiltonP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Yes that's what we are thinking too, to use B1 Service layer. Its typical end to end scenario implementation from B1 to SAP Sales cloud.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For integrations with SAP Business One you can use the Integration Framework for SAP Business One (B1if). This software package comes free with SAP Business One.

I am not sure about CPI or Sales Cloud, so your scenario will probably be one of the following;

• Business One <--> B1if <--> CPI <--> Sales Cloud
  • Business One <--> B1if <--> Sales Cloud

Regards,

Johan

MiltonP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Johan,

Customer does want to go with Business One <--> B1if <--> Sales Cloud. They have a bigger scope and hence wanted to use CPI.

This is the possible Business One <--> B1if <--> CPI <--> Sales Cloud, but looking for any standard SAP integration document between these systems that describes the pre-requistes and steps. We haven't done this anytime and also do not get any relevant information in the web. Also all the iflows in CPI needs to be custom developed as there is no standard content available in CPI for B1.

Any pointers or info is appreciated.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, that is a general problem with integrations between SAP Business One and other SAP products. This is because the code base of B1 is completely different from that of classic SAP softwares. As a result hardly any other SAP software, like CPI, offers (good) options for B1.

Some years ago, I was involved with an integration between R/3 or R/4 (don't remember which) and SAP Business One. At that time we had to build our own application to export xml files. How these files were imported into R/3 or R/4 (don't remember which), I do not even know. And this was one direction only.

B1if is the only software developed specifically for integrations with SAP Business One. Generally speaking B1if creates and/or reads files.

Next there is also the DI Server, which is a kind of web service, but it also creates and reads xml files, so not much difference. Also its purpose is primarily import into B1.

My recommendation is, you should probably look at this as though B1 is not an SAP software. I do not know if CPI is only meant for inter-SAP integrations, or if it can also handle file or web service type import/export.