cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open power BI reports / external URLs in same tab in SAP Build Workzone Standard Edition?

ayushpattnaik
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an app using the URL method. The URL is a power BI report. But when I use the load in-place (same tab) option, error : app.powerbi.com refused to connect shows up. This happens for other external URLs as well like www.google.com.

Is there any way to load power BI reports or load external URLs in the same tab on SAP Build Workzone Standard Edtition?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor

Hello Ayush,

Do see any error in developer tools (F12) in the browser? I think this pertains to CORS/ cross domain security feature of the browser where in you cannot open a different domain in the same browser window. I dont believe there is a workaround for this and the only option is to open in a new window.

Julius

ayushpattnaik
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right about the CORS part. What I figured out is the workzone standard edition doesn't load the cross-domain websites, it is only able to load an iframe and not the website. So I was able to load the PowerBI iframe but I am stuck at the Microsoft authentication part where it opens a new tab for token auth and the authentication fails because the Origin is from SAP host.

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing.

Have you not established a trust between your corporate IdP and BTP sub account or using IAS as a proxy?

Julius

Answers (0)