cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh backend service metadata and annotation files in VSCode Fiori Tools?

Former Member

Hi,

When generating a fiori elements app with fiori tools in VSCode the project is built based on the backend service metadata and annotations xml. Super.

But what if I want to change the UI annotations? Should I edit the xml in VSCode, or the CDS in the backend?

If I change CDS annotations, is there a way to "reload" the changes into my existing VSCode project or do I need to regenerate the app from scratch?

Thanks,

T

sainithesh21
Active Participant

Hi Tim.

It depends on the requirement, but suggested to do annotations from backend.

You don't have to create the application from scratch. Instead you can update the latest metadata by right click on the manifest.json-->Click on Open Service Manager-->Click on refresh-->Sync . Attached screenshot for reference.

Regards,

Sai Nithesh Gajula

Former Member
0 Kudos
sainithesh.gajula,

Changed the question title to a more useful one.

Please change your comment to an answer so that I can accept it.

Thanks a lot 😉

sainithesh21
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Hope my response is aligning with your query.

Regards,

Sai Nithesh Gajula

NooruBohra
Participant

Hi Sai,

Can we do this in SAP Business Application Studio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

smkangethe
Participant

In addition to the above response on the manifest ( click on the manifest.json-->Click on Open Service Manager-->Click on refresh-->Sync ), in order to have the Auto-complete in the annotations file work, close then open Vs Code to have the changes reflected.

NooruBohra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Do we have the similar Sync button in SAP Business Application Studio? I'm struggling with it.

smkangethe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nooruddin,

Sorry, I haven't used SAP BAS so I can't confirm that.

cmilkau
Participant
0 Kudos

This will refresh metadata, but not annotations. OP asked about both of these.

stefan_schreck
Participant
0 Kudos
cmilkau
Participant
0 Kudos

Where exactly on that page? I see adding local files, changing the hierarchy, activate/deactivate annotations. There is no mention of updating.

stefan_schreck
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, to be precise, the links describes how to refresh metadata or annotation files if you have updated them originally in the backend. Metadata always have to be edited at the original resource (being CAP or RAP based, remote CDS or local CDS).
Annotations can be redefined in a local file if originated from a backend system. But this is a per project or app decision: it might also make sense to adjust in the backend if you want to share the new definition with other apps.