cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restrict a formula variable with a characteristic selection ?

I have created a new formula variable based on replacement path using master data attribute field, which is perfectly working fine. But I need this formula variable to work only for two values in a char field = A or B. So I wanted to create a restriction on this characteristic value field 2 - which has many values, but I need values A or B for my formula variable.

If I try to create a new RKF to use by selection fields A or B. I am unable to find that newly created formula variable (above) in the RKF. How can i solve this problem ? The problem is I am unable to find the formula variable either in the RKF or CKF, how can we restrict the formula variable with a characteristic selection. I tried to create another formula variable and I am unable to enter the Values A or B in that newly formula variable as we cant restrict other than date or number. Is there any solution for this problem ?

Please advise. Can this be done through customer exit - where the customer exit field will have a restriction on A or B. Is it the only solution ? Please advise.

0 Kudos

Hi Debjit, Thanks for the link. I have gone through a similar one as well, unfortunately this case is different from mine as the condition checking is character value where as this has numeric. If we have characters in the field, this is not going to work. Will it ?

Please check and advise.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)