cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show value help with values for Application Job parameters - BTP ABAP Environment

Muthu_raja
Active Participant

Hello Team,

I have created Application Job Catalog Entries & Application Job Templates with two Selection parameters. I want to have this parameters a value help values so users can select from popup. In the Job Catalog entry, I have defined Value help exit class with Implemented interface IF_APJ_RT_VALUE_HELP_EXIT. How can I populate the value help values for these two parameters ?

I didn't find any blog/documentation related to this.

https://help.sap.com/docs/btp/sap-business-technology-platform/application-jobs-2?locale=zh-CNstate%...

@FrankJentsch  @Andre_Fischer  - Could you please help me here ? The Value help exit is available in the Job Catalog entries but when I populate some values in the class it doesn't visible in the F4 Help dialog

application job catalog entries.png

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Muthu

Muthu_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Team, Can anyone help with this issue ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hello,

value help are currently not supported. It will be implemented according to the clean core rules after some general architectural decisions are done.

Muthu_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please let us know when we can expect this feature ?

Best Regards,

Muthu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hello,

currently we don't have a time frame when value help will be available.

MattDion
Participant
0 Kudos
Any update on this? This is a pretty significant and fundamental usability gap.
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

to be honest your requirement is not clear for me.

Are you talking about step 3 when using the application job app when data is filled in the parameters section like when using the template "Lock Unused Business Users" ?

Andre_Fischer_0-1713980426340.png

Kind regards,

Andre

Muthuraja_M
Discoverer
0 Kudos

wrong window

Muthu_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello @Andre_Fischer,

I would like to show some data when I click and open value help dialog but unable to do that now.

I have checked the template for "Lock Unused Business users" in the ADT which tells it was created using report based catalog entries but in the BTP ABAP environment we cannot do this GUI.

What is an alternative way for this ? How do we populate our custom value help dialog in these job parameters.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Muthu