cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use one URL with two Fiori hostames?

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have one PAS and one AAS running S/4HANA 2020. User will access using URL, instead of SAP GUI. What would be the config needed for this to work? I do not want users having two different URLs on their computers. The idea is to provide HA for Fiori apps (server A goes down, server B can take the load).

Any ideas?

Regards

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain what you mean with PAS / AAS?

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor and thank you for your reply.

PAS is the primary app server, AAS is the additional app server. I forgot to mention that on a second stage, I would have to configure SSO using SAML20. Currently this is not working because of the different hostanames.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi zeledon.mauricio

here is my idea, you have a PAS that is having its ASCS managed by an HA software and, in case of PAS failure, you want the ASCS to migrate to the AAS and keep up the business

You will need just one webdispatcher pointing to the shared hostname of the ASCS

You could also configure two webdispatchers to avoid webdisp to become your SPOF

Did I understand correctly? let me know, cheers!A

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello. I want to post what I did. It may help other people.

We configured SAP Web Dispatcher as part of the ASCS instance. Most config was already in place after installation. I just added/modified some parameters to meet our requirements.

Then we configured Fiori Launchpad on t-code SICF to use the logon group.

For SSO, we set up SAML2 using our SAP Web Dispatcher as the hostname (t-code SAML2). From there, we exported metadata to the IdP, and configured SAML2 as needed. The way we did it before, directly connected to one the app servers, created metadata using just THAT app server as hostname, which was not the correct way to do it.

Finally, we configured Fiori Launchpad (t-code SICF), so that it would use the "Alternative Logon Procedure" - SAML Logon, and it worked.

If one of our app servers is down, we can always reach the Launchpad.

Thank you for your comments.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should add a SAP Web Dispatcher to your landscape. It can do the load balancing between your application servers.

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Gregor for your reply. I've been reading about it, but all I could find was how to configure Web Dispatcher for multiple systems. Maybe I am looking at the wrong documents. Do you have any link or document name I could look into?

Regards

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor. I want to post what I did. It may help other people.

We configured SAP Web Dispatcher as part of the ASCS instance. Most config was already in place after installation. I just added/modified some parameters to meet our requirements.

Then we configured Fiori Launchpad on t-code SICF to use the logon group.

For SSO, we set up SAML2 using our SAP Web Dispatcher as the hostname (t-code SAML2). From there, we exported metadata to the IdP, and configured SAML2 as needed. The way we did it before, directly connected to one the app servers, created metadata using just THAT app server as hostname, which was not the correct way to do it.

Finally, we configured Fiori Launchpad (t-code SICF), so that it would use the "Alternative Logon Procedure" - SAML Logon, and it worked.

If one of our app servers is down, we can always reach the Launchpad.

Thank you for your comments.