Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRESS_CATS_G in OnPremise Gateway Launchpad

Mathys
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

We're sort of in a transition period between Portal and Fiori with us running the UI5 app HRESS_CATS_G in Portal and HCM_TSH_MAN in Fiori.

Our Fiori Launchpad is an OnPremise Gateway FES 5.0 linking to an ECC 6.0 BES.

We're trying to shutter Portal, but to ease users across we've been tasked to expose HRESS_CATS_G in Fiori as well and that seems easy enough by just calling /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/hress_cats_g/index.html via a System Alias from ECC.

The problem comes in that it then calls https://<ECC_SYSTEM>/sap/opu/odata/sap/HRESS_CATS_RECORDING/$metadata and fails because there is no Gateway service active on the ECC server and I cannot see what the repercussions would be if we do activate it. FWIW, I did activate it on our Sandbox and it seems to work fine, but again, not sure what issues that will cause.

Has anyone else added any of the older UI5 ECC apps on their Gateway launchpad and what this you do to make it work?

Thanks

Thys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thys,

please check in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE if the service is active. Otherwise activate it using the Add Service button.

Best regards
Gregor

Mathys
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

It was actually active there already, but looks like an authorisations error rather than a Fiori configuration error.

Calling the URL from ECC is giving us the gateway error and I think that is how it should be. Calling the URL via a catalog tile seems to work fine.

Thanks for responding.

Thys

Answers (0)