cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Publish a Product in API Management

Hello Everyone, I'm facing a problem while trying to publish a product in the API portal. I get an error message every time I try to publish my product. When I click on "Show Details" the error message shows an empty box with no information. I don't know what is missing. I made sure API Business Hub Enterprise is active and add myself to the AuthGroup.SelfService.Admin role group. Has anyone encounter this issue is there a way to fix it

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

svenhuberti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Ali,

Have you tried to register yourself as developer in the Developer Portal, in the "manage" section?

BR!

Sven

Hello Sven, Is that through API Business Hub? im also using a trail account, does that cause any limitations?

Edit: Thant fixed it! Thank you for the info

Angelcruzg
Explorer
0 Kudos
It works Perfectly, thanks!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bharatbajaj
Active Participant

Hi bobremska

I got the same problem today and here is how I sovled it.

• First I opened the API Portal from the Integration suite.
  • Then all I did was to open the "API Business Hub Enterprise", from the App Switcher Icon in the top right (see screenshot below)
  • Then it launched the API Buiness Hub Enterprise in a new tab.
  • That's it. It registered my BTP trial account email in the enterprise hub as well, which was the missing part earlier.

(not sure why SAP did not mention this in the product creation tutorial/documentation as one of the prerequisite)

After this, I refreshed the API portal and I was able to Publish the Product.(see status in above screenshot).

Now, when I opened the API Business Hub Enterprise again, I can see that the above product is publised there, for external consumption. (see below)

I hope this works for you too.

Regards,

Bharat Bajaj

Joseph_liu
Employee
Employee

You are a true Hero!! Your reply solves my issue.

spassaro
Participant

Bahrat solution definetly worked fine for me. Thanks!

vinodgeu
0 Kudos

Hi Barat,

I am still getting same error, I crosschecked and asssigned all the required roles to my user, also foloowed your instrution but no luck. Can you please help.

Regards,

Vinod Mishra

victor3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What bharatbajaj explained helped me to solve an issue with my trial account. Thank you!

former_member692552
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This solution worked for me

alekhyapodili
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This Solution Worked for me too! Great, Thank you Very Much, Spent a lot of time figuring out why the product was not getting published.

sayali_b_pawar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It worked for me as well! Thanks a lot

natinfosys
Explorer
0 Kudos

It worked for me as well. bharatbajaj ,thank you for your help!

obaidah_riaz
Explorer
0 Kudos

It worked for me. Thanks for your help.

svenhuberti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi again,

to complement the conversation above, here is some more information about developer onboarding in SAP BTP API Management, Dev Portal (new name: "API Business Hub Enterprise"):

Route A: Admin assigning the roles of the Developer directly within the Sub-account.

1. Admin: Add the Email-id in Sub-account
  2. Admin: Add the following Roles - AuthGroup.SelfService.Admin, AuthGroup.API.ApplicationDeveloper
  3. Dev: Hit Dev Portal URL. Login screen presented, login.
  4. Dev: No Registration Screen is presented.
  5. Dev: Can see the Products.
  6. Dev: Tries to create an application. Fails.
  7. The User must appear within the Registered Users List in Developer Portal ->Manage -> Manage Users-> Registered Users

Route B: Developer Registers itself in the Developer Portal , no ApplicationDeveloper role added by Admin

1. Admin: Add the Email id of the Developer in Sub-account
  2. Admin: Add the following Role to the User - AuthGroup.SelfService.Admin
  3. Dev: Hit Dev Portal URL, login screen is presented, login
  4. Dev: Register button available. Registers. Notification Sent to the Admin. Admin Approves. User Logs back in.
  6. Dev: Tries to create an application. Succeeds

Route C: Onboard Multiple Users as an Admin

1. Admin: Add the Email id of the Developer in the Sub-account
  2. Admin: Add the following Role to the User - AuthGroup.SelfService.Admin
  3. Admin: Login to Developer Portal. Go to Manage -> Manage Users ->Registered Users. Click on the + Button. Add the information of the User. The User is now registered.
  4. Dev: Hit Dev Portal URL, login screen is presented, login
  6. Dev: Tries to create an application. Succeeds

Hope this helps!

Sven

0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

could you specify where do I find the URL for the Developer Portal (or API Business Hub Enterprise)?

I have assigned the Role Collections you mentioned above to my user.

I could only find a link to API Business Hub, but there I don't see any relevant settings...

I am following the Tutorial from SAP Learning Hub API Provisioning/

Creating an API Based on Slack/

Create an API Based on the Slack Account from E-Learning CLD900e_EN_Col19 and there is no mention of this portal there...

Thank you in advance,

Barbara

spassaro
Participant

Hi, Bahrat solution (see below) is definitely the quickest one, at least in the BTP trial account.

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much. Subscribing to API Business Hub Enterprise worked for me. I was able to publish product.

hans_cnt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The error message should be fixed. It is just not done to have an error with no description.

Thank you Barat for the clear instruction.

rahulbhat2000
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was getting the same error and followed what Bharat Bajaj has mentioned . Immediately resolved the issue .

Rahul .