Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID and Description display for Hierarchy node

Victorcardona
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I need your help. Currently, I am working on a table to display accounts under a hierarchy. I want to display the ID (blue) and description (green) for the lowest level, but for the hierarchy parent nodes, I need to display only the description. As you can see in the attached image, the ID and the description are displayed correctly for the lowest level, but for the upper levels, the ID and the description are the same. How can I modify the table to only display the ID and description for the lowest level but only the description for the upper levels?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Victorcardona 

Once you set the display option: Id, Description or ID and Description, its applied to all members of the dimension. You cannot cherry pick members for display here. Do you have descriptions for the parent nodes in the dimension? Looks like the parent nodes do not have descriptions and hence the id is shown twice but still you would not be able to show only description for parents and id and description for base members.

Nikhil

Victorcardona
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Nikhil, Thank you for the clarification. could you please explain me how to change the description for the parent nodes?
N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You can do it in the dimension in case of import based models but if its a live model then you can do it in source side.
Victorcardona
Explorer
0 Kudos
@N1kh1l I am inside the dimension in the Hierarchy builder, I only see the description field for the hierarchy but not for each individual parent node