cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILM: Can you customize Archieve file paths/names.

ben09
Explorer
0 Kudos

When archieving MM_ACCTIT, CO_MM_BEL MM_HDEL, MM_MATBEl as some examples. During the process of archieving after a system copy or having to archieve objects that have not previously been archieved I've experienced reaching a maximum number of files quite often, resulting in me to make a ludicrous amount of ranges over various selection criteria. Most of this seems to be due to how the archieve file names/URI's are generated, can I change how an archieve objects file name is made?

I apologise about the tags, I could not see anything more specific for ILM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pankaja
Discoverer

Hello Ben,

Yes, the archive file path/name can be customized according to your requirements in FILE tcode. For  maximum space in the name range for the archive file, SAP recommends using 
<PARAM_1>_<DATE>_<TIME>_<PARAM_2>.ARCHIVE and my recommendation would be

<PARAM_3>_<DATE>_<TIME>_<PARAM_2>.arc since this enables you to distinguish between the files based on Archiving object name.

For more details of what these parameters mean, you can refer to this link:
https://help.sap.com/doc/saphelp_gbt10/1.0/en-US/4d/88692f8d7a40ade10000000a15822b/content.htm?no_ca...

Regards,
Pankaja

ben09
Explorer
0 Kudos
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I want to change the individual files in the storage, for example this archieve file for MM_INVBEL URI/qe1/100/ad/mm_invbel/1000/_/iz/2063/20221231/011307/011307-001mm_invbel.adk, as it uses both WERK and presumably company code or valuation area it creates way to many archieve files. But maybe you can change that too there?
Pankaja
Discoverer
0 Kudos
When creating the ILM policy (IRMPOL tcode), you seem to have selected all available condition fields resulting in the following being added in the URI: /1000/_/iz/2063 (Storage location/special stock indicator/transaction type/plant). If your intention is to segregate based on plant, then delete the old rule and create a new one with only WERKS/plant to be added to the rule and the issue would be resolved.
jsangoi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The archive name and path can be setting up via customizing, please check OSS Note 35992:

35992 - Application archiving file names/directory - SAP for Me

In addition, if ILM is enabled in your system then also check the corresponding retention rule and be sure that the "offset" setting is set to avoid generating a high volume of archive files.

Hope this helps

BR

Joseph