cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface not implemented by method DBEXTRACT in DB Connect datasource in BW 7.5 0

Hello Guys,

I have a issue with DB Connect datasource (example technical name "ABC" ).. Our source is a Oracle table by name "REQUEST" and i have created an DB Connect datasource and pulling the data daily into BW

Issue Description: We have asked our DB Admin to change the type of an field/column (column name : External Costs) in Oracle table REQUEST which was before with type "INT" to "Decimal".. When DB admin tried to change the datatype of an existing column, there was message pop-up that he should delete and re-create the table in order to make the data type changes in the table. He deleted the table "REQUEST" first and recreated another table with same name "REQUEST" with changed in data type of column "External Costs" from INT to Decimal places..

Problem: When trying to extract the data from the newly created table "REQUEST" i am getting the below error

Interface not implemented by method DBEXTRACT Message no. RSDS002

Findings : When we created a new table "REQUEST1" and extarcted the data to BW it worked without any error. But when our BD admin deleted the table "REQUEST" and recreated with same name "REQUEST", the error is occuring.

Questions

1. why is this behaviour.. What is happening when a table is deleted and recreated with same name in Oracle.. Why the data is not pulled to BW.. Is there some technical ID stored for a table in backend?

2. Can we somehow manage in BW to extarct the data from a Oracle table, even the table is deleted and re-created in Oracle with same name?

Thanks for your answer in advance!

Regards

Rajesh Malapati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hadi_jafari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. I recommend that you go to Proposal tab of DataSource and press "Default System Proposal" Or go to Fields tab and assign an InfoObject for the changed column (here: External Costs) matching the data type and length.

2. If solution 1 didn't work, you can also check SAP Note 3433077 - The execution of the infopackage ended with the error "InterfaceEXTRACT_DIRECT not implemented by method DBEXTRACT".

former_member184624
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BW Experts,

I am also facin the same error while extracting the Init data from Oracle DB to BW. The error message is "Interface EXTRACT_DIRECT not implemented by method DBEXTRACT". If anybody faced, Please suggest.

Thanks.

ArnaudJ
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same error while extracting data from MSS server : the origin of the error was coming from 2 sources fields from the source table with an internal type 'datetime2'; by deselecting these two fields from transfer, system was able to load data into PSA.

In case these fields would have been required, possible solution would have been to create a view in the source system and change the internal type in 'nvarchar' and then create the datasource on this view.

Hope it will helps

former_member680582
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am also getting a similar error when I try to pull the data from the MySQL server into sap bw. 7.5 is my BW Version. any suggestions?

ArnaudJ
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same error while extracting data from MSS server : the origin of the error was coming from 2 sources fields from the source table with an internal type 'datetime2'; by deselecting these two fields from transfer, system was able to load data into PSA.

In case these fields would have been required, possible solution would have been to create a view in the source system and change the internal type in 'nvarchar' and then create the datasource on this view.

Hope it will helps

0 Kudos

Hi BW Experts,

May I ask how you connect MYSQL database to SAP BW? This problem has been bothering me for a long time, thank you very much.

john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I did not see where you deleted the original BW DB Connect definition of REQUEST.

My guess is the system found that the creation date of the BW DB Connect definition of REQUEST was earlier that the creation date of the source table, and identified this as an error. The correct sequence should be.

1) Delete the BW DB Connect definition of REQUEST.

2) Delete REQUEST in source system.

3) Recreate REQUEST in source system.

4) Recreate BW DB Connect definition of REQUEST.

John Hawk