cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is extending a freestyle UI5 app in CloudFoundry possible?

sachinkalpetta
Explorer

Hello All,

We have a usecase where we need to make customer specific enhancements to a custom freestyle ui5 app for different customers in cloud foundry based on their need. We are planning to keep the base app untouched and make the enhancements as extensions or adaptation projects.

Few years ago, I was able to do this with SAP WebIDE. Now with BAS, When I followed the instructions in the documentation(Adaptation Project on Cloud Foundry). I got the below error.

No adaptable business service found in the MTA

As I understand from the documentation and the post below BAS doesn't support adaptation for a freestyle UI5 app.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13599188/can-i-create-a-cloud-foundry-adaptation-project-fo.html

Is there any way to do this with cloudfoundry now? Can we expect as similar functionality in BAS as we had in WebIDE before in near future.

Thanks,

Sachin Srambickal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

In the link that you have added about the Adaptation Project on Cloud Foundry, there a couple of sentences in the first two Note sections that apply here:

Create an adaptation project from existing OData v2 SAP Fiori elements-based applications created by SAP or provided by SAP Partner, exposed as business service and available in the Cloud Foundry environment.

and

You can only use business services for adaptation if they:

• are SAP or SAP Partner developed business services;

So, if you are trying to use something else besides SAP or SAP Partner provided SAP Fiori Elements-based application exposed as business service, you will not be able to proceed.

When you mention that you have been able to do it before, in WebIDE, my guess is that you are actually trying to do the same as in the question that you have linked, so, please refer to my answer there how to proceed with Adaptation Project with Freestyle applications.

I hope this answers your question,

Regards,

Hristo

sachinkalpetta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hristo,

Thank you for your response. I understand your explanation for adaptation project with Freestyle application in cloud foundry.

Do you have any suggestion for the use case I mentioned in the question with BAS.

"We have a usecase where we need to make customer specific enhancements to a custom freestyle ui5 app for different customers in cloud foundry based on their need. We are planning to keep the base app untouched and make the enhancements as extensions."

Thanks,

Sachin Srambickal

hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

No, unfortunately in this case it will not be possible.

Regards,

Hristo

Answers (0)