cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP Cloud Identity Services rebranded to SAP Identity Authentication?

TMNielsen
Contributor

SAP seems to have a rule that they must come up with at least 3 new solution names or re-brand old solutions - every day. It is completely impossible for community to keep up and even SAP can't manage to update documentation, tutorials,learning journeys at learning.sap.com, community content, .....

It is easy to find content that is outdated or plain Gibberish, but often it is not possible to give feedback on the content to SAP.

For example I found Introducing the Landscape Overview that is basically Gibberish - I mean it is called introduction, so it should be readable for most people, but it is not - and it contains information that is self-contradictory.

For example - In one sentence it says

• SAP Identity Authentication provides simple and secure access to web-based applications with a variety of authentication methods anytime, from anywhere. The service was previously known as SAP Cloud Identity service.

A little later an other sentence says

• Identity Authentication provides simple and secure access to Web based applications with a variety of authentication methods at any time and from anywhere. The service was previously known as SAP Cloud ID service.

So, I guess SAP Identity Authentication was previously known as something else, but was it

• SAP Cloud Identity service.

or

• SAP Cloud ID service

Seemingly one of the informations must be wrong, and for a newbe starting with an Introduction it is killing the learning journey even before it starts.

Now my question are

1. Is SAP Cloud Identity Services rebranded to SAP Identity Authentication?
  2. How to report feedback on learning journeys in learning.sap.com?

PS. Do you know the story about the Babel Tower 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SBrueck
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi thomasmadsen.nielsen,

We are at the moment updating the Learning Journey you mentioned and implementing some fixes. Therefore, thanks for your feedback!

To your first question: The official name is: SAP Cloud Identity Services - Identity Authentication. Identity Authentication is a component of SAP Cloud Identity Services.

And your second question: There are two ways to provide feedback on learning journeys on learning.sap.com:

1. General feedback within every LJ at the left-hand side navigation. Overall, the insights from the platform survey are used to improve the overall experience of the learners on learning.sap.com.

2. At the end of each LJ we provide the option to share feedback per lesson. This feedback is available to the respective content owners for review. Please note that this feedback is anonymous, and it will not be possible for the team to respond to the learner.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sabrina

Answers (0)