cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Design Studio SDK 1.2 Component development

0 Kudos

I am using Eclipse Juno Java EE and Design studio 1.2 for developing custom components. I configured the SDK as mentioned in the DS 1.2 Dev Guide. The problem is the component works fine the first time i installed, but whenever we update the code and export and then install it in design studio still the same old component exists without updated. I tried all possible ways including uninstalling old component and also checked the source code in the created zip file. The code is updated in the package but not updating in Design Studio. We tried re-installing the software also but still no use. Am I making a mistake or is the issue with the new SDK ?. Because the procedures we did following the document worked fine in DS 1.2 beta version. Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have found that Design Studio doesn't completely uninstall the configuration files associated with an SDK component, so the new one doesn't get picked up.  The approach that worked for me was to completely delete the contents of the following directory:

C:\Users\<User Name>\Analysis-config

This way, when you restart Design Studio it rebuilds a clean configuration without any references to old SDK components.  If you then install the updated component you should find the new version is applied.

Regards,

Mustafa.

0 Kudos

Thanks mustafa it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am so happy to find this discussion.

It solved my problem, too.

see here:

Many thanks.

Kind regards

Patrick