Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jenkins neo.sh not found error while using SAP Project Piper Library

Subit
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am currently in the process of setting up a CI/CD pipeline scenario for SCP NEO environment based on Project Piper. I tried to execute a pre-built library called Project Piper for Jenkins. Docker is not used and I set-up Jenkins in ubuntu inside Vmware virtual machine and I believe if the docker is not available, the library is capable of running locally in Jenkins. I got the following error.The error seems neo.sh is not found. But I download neo SDK and placed it in neo-sdk folder. Also neo.sh is available inside /opt/sap/neo-sdk/neo-java-web-sdk-3.39.10/tools folder in Linux.

Please see error in Jenkins

please see .pipeline/config file where that location is referenced

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member465764
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The neo toolset (neo.sh) is not available. The code tries to run the neo command inside a docker container having the neo toolset installed first. Here we see that a docker environment is not available. As a fallback the neo call is executed locally. But here in this case the neo toolset is not installed. In order to resolve the issue it is possible

1.) to run in a docker based environment.

2.) to provide the neo toolset on the machine where Jenkins is running on.

The docker image used by the piper lib by default (ppiper/neo-cli) can be found here: 'https://hub.docker.com/r/ppiper/neo-cli'. The docker file there might serve as an example how to install the toolset locally.