Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Entry API - Debtor and Creditor item doesn't include G/L Account field

aehoster
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working to implement the Journal Entry Post API in CPI. The intent is to send journal entries from the source system of record to the receiver system, S/4HANA Cloud. Since our receiver system is not the system of record, a requirement is to have balancing postings always posted to a default G/L Account. I noticed in the API documentation that the Debtor and Creditor items do not have fields for G/L Accounts like the manual journal entry upload template for S/4HANA Cloud. Is there a recommended way to replicate the journal entries in this manner in CPI with the Journal Entry Post API? If so, how do I specify the default balancing G/L Account?

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Robert_Qiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The debtor/ creditor item is customer account or supplier account indeed. Which means the default reconciliation account has been maintained with the customer/ supplier. You can refer to the following screenshot.

Hope I've answered your question.

Best,

Robert

aehoster
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to make sure I'm understanding your response correctly, will assigning the reconciliation account to the Customer Master in S/4HANA Cloud automatically create the necessary balancing postings for all of the journal entries I'm sending in via API?

Robert_Qiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If you manually create a journal entry with customer/ supplier account, it works like you described. System will automatically post the reconciliation account which has been maintained in BP master. In this case, those reconciliation accounts are account receivable or account payable accounts.

Best,

Robert

Answers (0)