Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Variables as Story Filter not working correctly

keinhoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are using the SAC with a live connection SAP BW. In our story we have two live models based on two different BeX queries. In both queries / models there is a variable called "OrgUnit". In BW it is the same infoobject and also the same variable.

Now I would like to link these variables. So I opened the dialogue to add a new linked variable, selected the two models and the variable in each model and add the linking. When it asked for a value I enter it and everything works correct. Also when I start the story in the variable pop up I can see the linked variable.

When I enter a value for the linked variable every page and every chart or tabel is filtered correctly. We have 3 pages with charts where only one model is used and another 4 pages with tables in which the second model is used. Due to the linked variable also the tables are displayed with the correct values:

I selected the CRM Orgunit "413" as you can see in the story filter and also in the table.

When I now change the value in the storyfilter based on the variables "OrgEinheit"

to "400" not the complete story is refreshed. Only the charts (based on the origin model) are updated. In case I changed the story filter while a page with the table is opened this table is updated as well, but when I am on one of the first pages (with charts) no table is updated.

The setting for the input control of tabeles is set to use story variables.

By the way, when I confirm this dialogue the table is updated.

Linked variables:

One more thing: Shouldn't be the sign in the story filter show a linked variable:

Summarized: Updating a story filter based on a linked variable on live models from BeX queries has no update effect on tables.

Any suggestions?

Thanks inadvance and best wishes

Kjell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I encounter the same issue in 2 of my stories. I have 3, respectively 5 models in a story. All models are based on different queries with individual prompts.

I have liked the variables so I get only 1 prompt when opening the story, and only 2 out of 3, respectively 2 out of 5  models update.

Did you find the resolution for this issue?

Thank you!

mik_its
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue as well.

If someone finds a solution please share 🙂 thanks.

Br, Michael

0 Kudos

Hello! I have the same issue. Did anyone got an answer to this?

0 Kudos

Hello Kjell,

I am facing exacly same issue and looks like this is a product bug or I am missing some setting.

I am on SAC version 2019 Q4 amd using BW/4HANA Version 2 as my data source.

No matter whether we use the "Edit Prompt" menu or Story filter leveraging BW variables, experience is same.

I tried to present the screnario and observation in a slide.

linked-variable.jpg

Thanks,

Supriya

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kjell,

did you create the Story filter manually in addition to the already existing variables or did you use the option to have the story filter be based on the prompts / variable?

Regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

keinhoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I used the option to have the story filter based on the variable.

Regards

Kjell

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kjell,

This is due to the fact that a story filter is always applied to a single dimension after selecting a model. There is no concept of linking a story filter to multiple dimensions in different models.

The only workaround I see is to create an Analytic Application where you can script that a selected filter value is applied to multiple widgets, even when they are based on different models.

Kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Interdobs

keinhoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am not using a diension filter. I am using variables on two different live models connected to BWonHANA 7.5. As both variables are the same there should be apossibility to link them. And with the initial load the selection is working correct. But when I change the variable (story filter) this effects not the selection for the second model.