Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual export/import Artifacts; ID already in use in Target

gpre7086
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Friends -

A simple question. We've setup a simple subaccount landscape where we are planning on manually exporting/importing our packages and artifacts as a first approach to our transport strategy.

It doesn't appear this is an option - if I upload an artifact with the same name it gives me an error that the ID is already in use. It would appear I need to delete the artifact in the target environment and then upload the new version.

I do see there are other options but was hoping to start off with this manual approach.

Thank you. /Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_kapoor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi gp40,

Yes, this is the current behaviour. If you import something which already exist with the same ID then either you need to delete or you can copy the existing one with different name and then delete so that you cannot loose the old one and once you import the latest one and test properly then you can delete the renamed one as well.

Regards,

Sunny

gpre7086
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the confirmation. /Greg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont have to delete it. Just follow the view metadata--> edit option as mentioned in the below comment by

deepakgovardhanrao.deshpande

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/06/21/sap-cloud-integration-transport-at-artifact-level/#comment-599045

gpre7086
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Muni!!

This works great, exactly what I was looking for. 🙂 Thank you. /Greg

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately that is the case with manual imports today! You have to delete, import, configure and deploy.

gpre7086
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the confirmation. /Greg