cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging multiple urgent changes in SAP Solution Manager

MikeB
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm preparing a relatively big release with about 35 urgent changes.

Unfortunately, there is no clear dependency matrix which urgent change should be released first, therefore I'm worrying about a case when I will overwrite one urgent change, containing a newer version of the function module, by another with an older version.

Of course, I can release all existing urgent changes in a random order and then open a separate urgent change with the latest FMs stable versions from the test environment to ensure the production get the latest versions of all FMs, but such approach looks weird.

Is there any way in SAP Solution Manager to perform a merge of all urgent changes and let SAP to make a final build, just like it would work in Git?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

There is no "merge" functionality as such, but you could try decoupling the transport requests if they are still in 'modifiable' status:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/8b923a2175be4939816f0981b73856c7/7.2.04/en-US/2b6042c23fa044b6977fbf7625...

Then, you should reassign the transport requests to a single Urgent Change, if possible.

The issue with this approach, is that the release order is the main way TMS sets an order of transport requests for the import.

If you have all unreleased transport requests in a single Urgent Change , I am not sure which will be released first and last with the "pass Urgent Change to Test" action .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Answers (0)