cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC changed in 1809

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I have an OData service redefined in S4Hana 1610. Now with upgrade to 1809 after importing transport packages, I found the OData service MPC got changed with addition of new complex types resulting in issues with calling up the extended/original service. Can anyone help how to tackle the issue.

Best Regards,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

You can check in the following blog what objects are transported

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/07/07/how-to-transport-fiori-like-applications-using-sap-solution-manager...

(see Appendix).

Or similar Information can be found here

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/03/21/how-to-change-dev-class-tmp-for-the-repository-objects-of-an-odata-...

where I describe how to move objects from $tmp into a transportable Development class.

This should help you to find out whether the SEGW Project (R3TR IWPR ) is part of your transport.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Andre,

I believe we have included the objects mentioned in the transports.

From the issue point of view I get error "Output node entity type 'yyy' for function import 'yyyy' is disabled" in the 1809 when trying to load metadata from original or extended service. I see the some of the original/standard OData service MPC methods are red and not activated (which includes the function import I mentioned).

I was thinking I dont need to have the new function imports or complex types defined in my trasnported MPC classes. Should I need to activate or enable anything else in the 1809. Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Karthik.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Karthik,

you can try the following:

1. Regenerate the service builder project in your 1809 development system.
  2. Unselect the new complex types
  3. Transport the changes

In order to help you better it would be helpful to know more about your Problem

1. Name of the orginal Service
  2. Error message of your OData service call (check the error log /n/iwfnd/error_log)

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Andre,

Thank you for the response. Sure I can provide complete details, before that due to an emergency situation can you help how I could create/load a project in 1809 SEGW with the OData transports I have.

Our scenario is summarized thus:

1. We have re-defined a standard ODATA service to include some bespoke functionalities in 1610. Created Transports.

2. We imported the transports from 1610 in 1809 but we could not see the project in SEGW, configured everything needed like External Service and Model names pointing to DPC_EXT and MPC_EXT classes respectively along with service, node and system aliases creations.

3. Upon running the standard/extended service in Gateway client I got a error stating "Complex Type is not enabled for Function Import".

Also please suggest if this is a correct way of transporting Gateway services across different SAP releases.

Best Regards,

Karthik.