cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in filling missing months for each subsegment in HANA Calculation View

naga_92
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need help in one of the requirement where i need to fill missing VEHICLE_PRODUCTION_MONTH for each Subsegment.

This is the output of my Calculation view.

Expected Output: when filtering based on SUB_SEGMENT = 11 I need to to see the missing VEHICLE_PRODUCTION_MONTH as shown in the below figure.

Similarly when i analyze the data for SUB_SEGMENT = 12 I should be able to see data for 02.2020 and fill the data of missing VEHICLE_PRODUCTION_MONTH and TIS = 0 and so on.

Thanks and Regards,

Nagendra

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor

This is the classic show row even when no data pattern. We used to recruit people based on how they solved this type of problem, because anyone who has worked in business intelliegence (aka analytics) would come across this problem eventually. The solution is to have a fixed dataset, month and year (and possibly SUB_SEGMENT) in your case, joined using an OUTER join the the vehicle production data.

You'll have to provide actual data structures if you want a complete solution.

naga_92
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The HANA Model consists of Star Join where central Fact table is joined with 16 different Dimension Calculation Views out of which one of the CV is Time Dimension Calc View which consists of Time Data.
The output consists of multiple subsegments (140+) , when we are analyzing the whole data we are able to see all Calmonths but when we are analyzing data by each Subsegment few Calmonth's are missing.
The requirement is to see the missing months for each of the subsegment.
Thanks for your support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)