Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC DataContext tool is not working on my PC

RobinV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have installed NWBC 4.0 patch 3 (the latest version at the moment).

I am using SAP GUI 7.30 patch 2 (the latest version at the moment).

I want to use the side panel in NWBC and connect a Dynpro application with the side panel.

Technically I want to use the l-shaped API (LSAPI) but that is for later.

I first want to test a Dynpro application with the side panel with the GUI scripting. So did all the steps with the property collector and placed it in the table NWBC_VC_GUI_TAG.

Okay now comes the problem: when i look at the DataContext tool in NWBC i don't see anything in there. Also when i click on refresh or roundtrip, then the counter stays 0. I tried the normal Data Context viewer and the AppData Context viewer.

This does work with the computer of my colleague so it has to be something with my user or computer.

We have exactly the same user authorizations. My user is copied from his.

So i think it should be something with my computer. I already killed my virus scanner and firewall and disabled all security in Internet Explorer, so all activeX and Javascript can be done.

What can it be?

Thanks in advance,

Robin Vleeschhouwer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I am sorry to bring bad news. However, if it works no problem on your colleague's computer, then it isn't a NWBC / Side Panel-specific issue.

If I were you, I would open an OSS ticket on this.

Sorry about that.

Best wishes,
Julie.

RobinV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your quick response.

You are right, it isn't a side panel problem, because after the problem with the DataContext tool I went further with the implementation of the side panel and it works! With Gui-XT and also with the l-shaped API.

The only thing that doesn't work is the DataContext tool from NWBC on my computer.

I already uninstalled NWBC and re-installed it, but it is still not working.

I was hoping someone else had the same problem, but I will create a OSS ticket.

Thanks.

Best wishes,

Robin

Answers (0)