cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-page SEO for SAPPUI5 apps (hosted on HCP)?

danreg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

following situation:

we have an SAPUI5 app already productive and hosted on HCP. The use case here is: It's not about a real Fiori app which fetches data from a backend or suchlike, it's just a "simple" content and information consumption UI (in an SAPUI5 framework with no backend connection, no fetching of data etc.; app is self-contained).

And, of course, we want that content to be found on search engines like Google etc. It is indeed found. But the ranking could be better...

Is there a way/chance for "decent" on-page SEO (ignoring various off-page SEO strategies for now)? Please advice. My thoughts and ideas so far:

• Only the index.html is potentially indexed (meaning various xml views do not play a role at all), right? The thing is that the index.html does not contain content. What options are there?
  • Tilte, meta description and keywords are maintained
  • What about sitemaps?
  • Since h1 tags and suchlike do play a role, would it make sense to "simulate" content like this in the index.html: having h1 tags and basically hide them with classes like sapUiHideOnDesktop sapUiHideOnTablet sapUiHideOnPhone? 

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Routing in SAPUI5, you could create SEO friendly URLs like : www.somedomain.com/index.html#/posts/42/the-title-of-the-post

Could this work for SEO? I am no expert on this Topic.

danreg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kai-Markus,

thanks for your post.

I'm not aware of whether this might improve the ranking.

However, let me also put the fundamental question: Is it possible for search engines to crawl and index content from HCP-hosted apps at all?

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm currently investigating the same.

I think the best results could be achieved using Sitemaps which point to an _escaped_fragment_ URL with static HTML (using the correct H1, meta description, etc)

The actual static HTML (when accessed by a user coming from a google search) should redirect to the dynamic domainname/#/path URL

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but I'll update one I have some results

You may try the Fetch as Google webmaster tool to see how your pages are seen by Google

danreg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin for sharing your ideas. I'll also investigate in that direction you mentioned. At least, I have the feeling that it is not impossible to boost the ranking, Good news!