cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Homogenous system copy : ORA-01017:invalid username/password; logon denied

0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing new installation of SAP with homogenous system copy. During the Oracle backup/restore database-control.sql phase, i am getting error:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

When I was trying to SQL> connect /as sysdba via cmd, I am getting the same error.

I have checked SAP notes:

480266 - Problems with SYSDBA/SYSOPER/INTERNAL connect

400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle

But it didn't work. Any ideas on how to fix it?

PS. This is still on the start of backup/restore of database so the DB user table is still not created.

Regards,

Florence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Florence,

to understand the context:

- Are you using "DB Refresh" or "Import" option from SWPM?

- Is the system ABAP only, right?

Reminder from the "5.1.2.2 Preparing the Target System (Oracle)" from the System Copy Guide:

"When you perform a system copy with the Oracle backup/restore method, you cannot change the database schema and the tablespace names of the new target system.

..".

Regards,

Carlos

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florence.

If possible restore the Oracle database on the target system and then try or follow the SAP standard method source system export and target system import action with this bulid the database.

Regards

SS

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florence.

Check this SAP notes 1576837, 2816678

Regards

SS

0 Kudos

Hi S Sriram,

Thank you for the SAP notes. I already checked the note 1576837 and I don't know which situation suites my issue. right now no SAP system is installed as it is new installation from system copy backup/restore method.

As per note 2816678, I am not able to do connect / as sysdba either as I am getting the same error "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied"

Any advice?

Regards,

Florence