cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to have both: Value Help and Drop-down?

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For my use case, I would like to show both a drop-down and a value help inside a control such as sap.m.Input. The value help would open a dialog with a table and a more comprehensive overview, while the dropdown would show a simplified overview.

I am able to make both work, although not at the same time. Of course I can add the suggest event handler to the control which would give suggestions once the user starts typing, but for a better UX we would ideally prefer to have a dropdown option before the user types as they might not know what to look for in the first place.

Please let me know if having both next to each other can be achieved or also any alternative controls that could be more suitable.

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
david_bizer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Leoni,

I may not have a perfect answer for you, but let me give my input on this. Both together aren't working as you already explored. Maybe extending the Input control or ComboBox control could achieve something like this, but I wouldn't recommend.

I would create either a custom control consisting of a ComboBox with Suggestions and next to it value help icon that onClick opens a dialog. Or just place both in a HBox and forget about the custom control.

Best regards