Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access virtual tables (HANA Smart Data Access) in my CAP project

iperez-sofos
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings, community experts.

I have the following scenario, which is completely new to me (due to the combination of technologies it has):

I am working on a CAP application on SAP BTP, with the HANA Cloud database and SAP Fiori Elements (technologies that I am familiar with).

However, some of the data tables that my CAP application must use come from an external system, a SAP ECC system, connected to BTP via Cloud Connector, and using HANA Smart Data Access (SDA) to create virtual tables in HANA (duplicates of tables in SAP ECC).

This second one is a new scenario for me. In particular, what I need to know (and be able to do) is how to put those virtual tables inside my CAP application so I can use them to create views and define services?

For example, how do I put or introduce those virtual tables within the HDI Container and Schema of my application?
Is it necessary to do some kind of cross-container access configuration, using synonyms and others, as explained in this post (https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-members/how-to-share-tables-across-different-cap-pr...)?

I understand that I should use CDS annotations like @CDS.persistence.exists which prevent the creation of the corresponding objects in HANA, beyond that I know little.

Thank you in advance for any help and/or comments that may shed light on how to approach this scenario.

View Entire Topic
RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos